Our floristry course will give you an understanding and practical experience of the fundamentals of floristry and plant care, including the elements and principles of floral design, storing, conditioning and handling of flowers, how to source and order flowers as well as the ability to create stunning displays using the principles of colour schemes, placements and dimensions. In addition, the course will give you a great understanding of using different types of plants in arrangements and how to care for popular plants.
Understand how to recognise and implement the Elements and Principals of floral design:
- Identify the elements of floral design
- Identify the principles of floral design
- Identify the use of colour and colour relationships
- Understand the effects of the colour in arrangements
Understand how to store and handle fresh flowers and pot plants
- Storage onboard
- Techniques and methods for cutting and Binding
- Understand how to correctly care for stems
- Ability to present the flowers or pot plants effectively
Understand how to place an order for flowers
- Be familiar with the colour schemes, placements, dimensions and number of displays
required for your yacht.
- Assessing quality and condition
- Know what the yacht’s flower budget is
Understand how to prepare a vase and foam arrangement including:
- Cutting at angles
- Removal of leaves below the water line
- Practical experience in producing arrangements
Demonstrate knowledge, Care and Maintenance of plants
- Major ‘indoor-plant’ Including Bonsai and Orchids
Research and understand the principles of using foam including:
- Not being unable to re-soak after it has dried out
- Not to put new stems in an existing hole
- How to soak foam
Prerequisites: No previous experience is required to be evidenced.
Price: EUR 350
ITA Certificate on completion
Dates to be confirmed – in the interim please check out our dates for the Advanced Table Decorations.